Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bridgie's Bday Big Cookie a.k.a. Sale Halloween Candy at its finest :)


What do you get when you have loads of extra Halloween candy? A giant, brightly colored cookie cake!

Ok, I'll be honest, I actually went out and bought on-sale candy, we didn't have any leftovers - but you could use whatever candy or mix-ins you have on hand. This was actually an amazingly easy recipe - no mixer needed.

I found the recipe here --> http://snagwiremedia.com/candy-bar-blondies/ and probably used too much candy (which led to it needing to be cooked an extra 15 minutes or so) but it still turned delicious and was thoroughly enjoyed by Bridget & company as a birthday dessert!

The recipe required simple melted and mixing over the stove and then a pop in the oven. I think I'll probably stick to my cookie recipes that involve creaming the butter and sugars in the future though, I think melting the butter is what made the cookie take so long to bake and made me nervous that it was undercooked - no worries though, a scrumptious success.

No comments:

Post a Comment